Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I turned in my 2006 dodge ram "Nightrunner" and drove a way with a brand new Commander Sport. So far so good, I've been driving a truck for the last ten years, so i guess you could say im adjusting to the vehicle.

its olive green with the 3.7, lightweight tow package. couldn't really pass up the deal...$17,300 out the door, zero down financing.

ill get some pics up this weekend

only 2 compaints so far...shifter can be knocked out of drive while driving (shoulda had a button on the top of the shifter), and the paint on the hood looks very transparent, it looks like you can see the spray pattern.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Welcome to the family.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well, I turned in my 2006 dodge ram "Nightrunner" and drove a way with a brand new Commander Sport. So far so good, I've been driving a truck for the last ten years, so i guess you could say im adjusting to the vehicle.

its olive green with the 3.7, lightweight tow package. couldn't really pass up the deal...$17,300 out the door, zero down financing.

ill get some pics up this weekend

only 2 compaints so far...shifter can be knocked out of drive while driving (shoulda had a button on the top of the shifter), and the paint on the hood looks very transparent, it looks like you can see the spray pattern.
Bring the Jeep back to the dealer to complain about the hood. They will take a paint gauge from the body shop and measure the thickness of the paint. If it's too thin, they'll repaint the hood under warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have never had any problems with the commander shifting out of gear, not even while off roading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you misread my post. I meant that it can be "knocked" out easily with my hand while driving. They shoulda put a button on the top of the lever to disengage the transmission out of gear, got it?

future mods im considering include black rims, a little bit bigger tire and painting the grille and headlights either body color or black like my night runner was.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think you misread my post. I meant that it can be "knocked" out easily with my hand while driving. They shoulda put a button on the top of the lever to disengage the transmission out of gear, got it?...
:icon_confused: How do you do that?

I've never had that happen. I wonder if this isn't an issue with your Jeep that you should have checked at the dealer.

--Spike

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
congrats on the purchase. welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, but it could just lock it from going froward and still have side to side motion. Now that im used to driving the car for a few days, i guess its not really an issue any more.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Welcome! We had a truck for 11 years and went to the Commander. I do miss the truck once in a great while but have adapted to the Commander now.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Welcome to the family!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts