Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter from Chrysler today. A recall on the Jeep Commanders. Seems there's a problem with the third seats' seat belts. I think I'll ignore it since my 3rd seat has been removed. Saving the letter for when I sell the vehicle, a few years off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had fog lights put in mine and they did the recall while I was there. It is something stupid like the thrid row seatbelt cover. Not a big deal. Atleast that is what the dealership said.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They have a recall out on batteries too. Although they handle it when you come in for any service and not send a notice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
When I took my JC in for a tranny leak the service rep said they were checking all the batteries in the JC's. Apparently some were manufactured with bad batteries. He said it wasn't a big deal and if you have not had any problems yet, you probably would not have down the road.

·
Registered
204 Posts
nutsnbolts said:
I'm curious. I just recently purchased my Jeep commander, on 3/25/06. Should I be getting a recall notice?

Maybe, maybe not. Of the 20 or so Commanders we have in stock only 3 of them were part of the recall. Early production models IIRC. Seat belts can get chafed and frayed on metal in seat, if frayed they get replaced, if not just plastic protectors installed. None of ours had any damage to the belts, and the plastic protectors were a quick and easy job to install.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I replaced my stock battery with a Optima Yellow Top.

Then I took the stock battery and installed it in a case, with charging terminals and an outlet, so I could run accessories overnight.

But, I've noticed that no matter how long I charge it with an automatic Battery Tender Plus, it will not charge past 2/3 full. I was wondering why, perhaps it's one of the bad batteries...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts