Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to drive my 07 Commander in some real snow. Ive had it since Nov. 07 , but here in Va. we don't get much of the white stuff. Had to drive from rural area for 2 hours to Richmond airport on March 2nd. We had about 6 to 8 inches , and Richmond had about a foot. The Commander drove like a dream! I would like to change out to a little more aggressive tire, although I had zero problems with the Goodyears.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Almost can't see the XK through the snow.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
We had gotten about 6 - 8" here also. I was driving to work doing 40 and I was passing everybody. The XK did great and so did the Silent Armors.

I noticed your Springfield Armory sticker. I'm a big fan of springfield. I have their microcompact 1911 .45 that I use for conceal carry. I had a 4" XD, but I sold it last year. I plan on getting a 5" XD in the future.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had gotten about 6 - 8" here also. I was driving to work doing 40 and I was passing everybody. The XK did great and so did the Silent Armors.

I noticed your Springfield Armory sticker. I'm a big fan of springfield. I have their microcompact 1911 .45 that I use for conceal carry. I had a 4" XD, but I sold it last year. I plan on getting a 5" XD in the future.
Yeah, Ive got the 4" service and love it! Feels a lot better in my hand than a Glock. Its my first Springfield but probably not the last.:)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Here's some pics of the same day that I took with my cell phone on the way to work.

And here's why the street isn't plowed...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The same day I bought mine, it started snowing, so I got to drive around in the white stuff for three weeks. The XK is the BEST snow vehicle I've had EVER, bar none! I didn't just drive around town either, we went on extended day trips on and off road in the deep stuff too. It's virtually unstoppable in snow.

And stopping in snow's another subject altogether. It's impossible to screw up the way the computer keeps you going straight. It doesn't skid or turn sideways with even the hardest mash on the brake pedal. It's fun to watch everyone else skid around and bump into curbs or slide backwards into the ditch, while you're in a vehicle that acts like it's on dry pavement. :D

I traded in a 2000 Dodge Durango, and I thought that did good in snow. It's a joke compared to the Commander.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulation Smitty1970, on the opertunity to try out your commander.
I had a luck snow last week while in Branson Mo. Came back through Eureka Springs and found plenty of steep, ice roads. No disapointment with the commander.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts