Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, today, went out to DC's shop (www.dc4wd.com) to pick up my lift. I know it's easy to get to off of another road we use to head out to some local trails... but I just wanted to see if the ol' trusty TomTom would send me any differently. So... I headed on out.

Needless to say, it took me across a stream. Was kinda cautious at first, since this would be the first time this thing has seen "off road"... but it handled it like it was still on dry ground. Before going in, I did the "toss a rock" test. Hearing a "ka-thunk", it sounded a bit deep. I'm guessing no more than a foot to foot-n-a-half, but still, no problems.

(you can see the road on the other side to the right)

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks like fun. Glad to hear the commander did you good. You putting on the lift this weekend?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looking good.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looks like fun!! I bet you are going to love the lift.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CrzCajun said:
Looks like fun. Glad to hear the commander did you good. You putting on the lift this weekend?
Lightly began the process last night. Got the rear end jacked up and on stands, and the wheels off, but the wife came home and wanted to go out to run some errands, so I stopped there. Should be getting some more done today. A buddy of mine from high school (Maryland) is possibly coming down this weekend, so I'd really like to get it done before then. Otherwise, he's gonna help me finish it up. Heh.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sweet. I wish I had access to some woods like that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shredX said:
Sweet. I wish I had access to some woods like that.
That's funny, because I JUST posted in YOUR thread about how I wish we had terrain like what you have around you, around here! Wanna trade for a while? LOL!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nice, the XK has pretty good stock water fording capabilities at 20" in still water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts