Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Vacation Approved, Fiance Permission, Jeep runnign top, looks like I am good to make the trip as long as nothing breaks down or any crazy spending needs. Can't wait!

·
1,993 Posts
Vacation Approved, Fiance Permission, Jeep runnign top, looks like I am good to make the trip as long as nothing breaks down or any crazy spending needs. Can't wait!
That's a heck of a drive bro. I'm still hoping to make it but as usual I will be a last minuet decision.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'll be there Sunday the 21st. The plan was a thursday-Sunday right? So how's it gonna work if everyone's at the top and people come on saturday or sunday? Meet at the top? I could make it Thursday but I have to work Saturday and I live close by so if I came back sunday i'd go broke from gas. I'm gonna come up Sunday with a friend with a land rover and possibly a wrangler.

SAL I got the same safari rack you did. Did you see a big difference in gas mileage? Before I was averaging 15mpg highway/city and now i'm down to 12.6 after installing. I'm thinking about taking the wind screen off hoping to make it a little more aerodynamic. I had the same problem you did with it not laying flat.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brandon, i take my rack off when not in use for that reason. I have a Rola
rack and it isnt too time consuming to remove it...but worth the gas mileage.

cb's and cell phones. I'll be on 4 or shout out commander and someone should answer.

we can pm each other with our contact info or anyone that wants to can pm
thier info to me and i will distribute to the attendees. if you pm your contact
info to me, put ok on it for me to share with the group, HIPPA you know....
i'm not going to share with anyone unless you give me the ok.

also want an I.C.E. name & number.

i am going to call doug for some of that slab wood he gave us before,
bring a bundle of the decontaminated wood if you can. 2x4's work too.
I,ll tell you my "we're in the flippin forrest get your own wood story"....

I'll be there Sunday the 21st. The plan was a thursday-Sunday right? So how's it gonna work if everyone's at the top and people come on saturday or sunday? Meet at the top? I could make it Thursday but I have to work Saturday and I live close by so if I came back sunday i'd go broke from gas. I'm gonna come up Sunday with a friend with a land rover and possibly a wrangler.

SAL I got the same safari rack you did. Did you see a big difference in gas mileage? Before I was averaging 15mpg highway/city and now i'm down to 12.6 after installing. I'm thinking about taking the wind screen off hoping to make it a little more aerodynamic. I had the same problem you did with it not laying flat.

·
1,993 Posts
I guess one thing you can do is open your rear lid then push the rack back as far as possible. This with my new uni-strut mounting system I came up with has almost eliminated wind noise not sure about MPG's yet. You can find my latest mods in my garage from the link below all the mods are hyper linked in the first post.

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Immigration and Customs Enforcement ?
For you, yes. need your VISA (or mastercard) number to check you out.
For everyone else,
In Case of Emergency Emergency Contact Info
I know, this technical talk is overwhelming isnt it??
jk jk

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

If you can, I would come after work on saturday. Its not far of a drive and someone can come meet you if its almost dark. The thing about sunday is its usually a wind down pack up and leave day.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Its so funny to see those pics from last august where we are huddled up in a tight circle holding each other to keep warm. Wait, did I just say that ?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its so funny to see those pics from last august where we are huddled up in a tight circle holding each other to keep warm. Wait, did I just say that ?
hmmm, yeah neil, uh I wasnt there...i was in the air conditioned comfort of my jeep while you were snuggling.....

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you can, I would come after work on saturday. Its not far of a drive and someone can come meet you if its almost dark. The thing about sunday is its usually a wind down pack up and leave day.
I have to work 10-9 on saturdays so there's no way i'd make it. and i'm not real comfortable doing that trail at night

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like I am going to have to bail... I just started a new job last month and they have me working nights through October. I wouldn't be able to head out until 6:30 AM Saturday morning and that would be with no sleep. Dangit...

I still might see if I can finagle it somehow. How much wheeling would be going on Sunday? Would it still be worth the trip? I am only about 120 miles away so I could grab a nap and roll in late Saturday afternoon. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?:icon_confused:

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
i say come on down and join the band. We'll be wheeling i am sure. BrendenV will be there thru Sunday so you wont be alone. i usually dont leave much before noon.
No excuses...holaday is coming from st louis, detroitmaurader from detroit, [email protected] cleveland, Sal coming from someplace hot, i hope you try. Romeo from Ny,Ny.....
drive in, take a nap, we won,t bother you...heh heh heh...

Looks like I am going to have to bail... I just started a new job last month and they have me working nights through October. I wouldn't be able to head out until 6:30 AM Saturday morning and that would be with no sleep. Dangit...

I still might see if I can finagle it somehow. How much wheeling would be going on Sunday? Would it still be worth the trip? I am only about 120 miles away so I could grab a nap and roll in late Saturday afternoon. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?:icon_confused:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Here is my schedule. My wife and 7 year old daughter will be making the trip this time, a first for both of them. Also will be their first time camping without water and electricity hookup or a bath house, this will be something to see.:rofl:
I am planning on leaving my house Friday morning at at 8:00 am sharp. This is dependent on them but they know that I will leave them if they aren't ready. That will put me in Harrisonburg at 9:30 to 9:45. I know the way to camp so if there is anyone who is going to be making the trip at the same time and would like to meet up and follow me , post it here. Meeting up is never a problem so please dont be afraid to ask. I think I am the closest member to Flagpole so I kinda feel like a host, although Cico is the one who set this trip up. I have lived here in Va since 1982 and feel like a native Virginian. I will do my best to provide some southern hospitality to everyone, even Sal if he shows up.( he's a CONVERTED southern gentleman )

·
Registered
451 Posts
I hate it that Im going to miss it this year. I have only been wheelin' once this year. Life is really hectic for me right now. I wish I could slip away even for a day would be a stress reliever!

Ya'll have fun and be safe, I WILL be there next year!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate it that Im going to miss it this year. I have only been wheelin' once this year. Life is really hectic for me right now. I wish I could slip away even for a day would be a stress reliever!

Ya'll have fun and be safe, I WILL be there next year!
Sorry to hear that, but you know where we will be if something changes!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an extra tow strap I was thinking of raffeling off. Cost of entry is 1 beer.
Then put names in a hat and draw. What do you think??

Would I get many entries?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts