Jeep Commander Forum banner

Flagpole Last Saturday with NoVA Jeepers

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  lonestar 
#1 ·
We went out last Saturday on the NoVA Jeepers Spring Fling Run to Flagpole outside of Harrisonburg, VA. The following link is the Webshots album of our pictures on the run. We were the only Commander, and all the new armor underneath worked out fabulously. A couple thumps had us worried, but all damage was taken by the skids and rock rails. The guy behind us on most of the trail had a brand new winch he wanted to test, and thought he would by getting behind us. I'm glad to say, that even with the stock Forteras that have 40,000 miles on them, he never got a chance to use the winch. The last couple of pictures are of a trail that runs through the river, and we did not run through it, the water was definitely way too high for us.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563113683uosYVc?vhost=good-times

#6 ·
Nice pics. Looks like you all had a good time. Definitely have to hook up next time so you're not the only commander out there!!!:D

#7 ·
Definitely need to hook up CrzCajun. The rogue Toyotas were another group we found at the top of Flagpole. They were not with us.

We had a blast as usual. We had two creek crossings, but we did NOT do the river crossing. The river was higher than usual with the superfluous rain we have had lately and the river was quite deep. I saw a couple of TJs submarine, the leader in a 4-dr JK submarined, but luckily they came back up with no problems. The shortest TJ that went through was stock with the exception of 32" tires. The water was at the top of his headlights. Needless to say, we would've been under.

I want to say these mountains are part of the Blue Ridge, but I've been looking at different maps that point they are more along the Appalachian Ridge.

#9 ·
That looks fun!

#10 ·
Great pics! I think you could've taken the river too! Maybe with a small lift... and some bigger tires... I can't wait for the snow to stop falling here so we can go play too!

#11 ·
PolarBZ said:
Great pics! I think you could've taken the river too! Maybe with a small lift... and some bigger tires... I can't wait for the snow to stop falling here so we can go play too!
Definitely would've needed lift and bigger tires.

I'm still debating on the camping trip. September is cold for me up in the mountains. We'll probably definitely come out to wheel, but we probably won't be camping. I'm starting to feel comfortable with leading Flagpole. I've been three times now, and all the off limits areas have been pointed out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.