Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this particular model? It seems easy to install, comes pre-flashed, and claims to be plug-and-play. Three clicks on the OEM remote's lock button starts the vehicle.

http://r.ebay.com/zxXclW

Any feedback is welcome. I'm thinking about getting this for my '06 Limited. I searched the forum for this model but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a similar plug and play remote starter that I got off of amazon for 120$. It was super easy to install and works using the factory key fob. I looked elsewhere prior to ordering it and saved a few hundred bucks by going this route.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Billy do you happen to have a link for the unit you installed?

·
Registered
54 Posts
So did anyone ever try the Flashlogic Plug & Play Remote Start for Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM VW FLRSCH4? I have an 08 and am thinking of purchasing

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I never did move forward with the purchase, just based on the lack of feedback I received here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe that would happen here and with so many members. Well, if I give in and purchase it; I'll report how it goes. Thank you for the reply.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sounds like a good concept, and im curious to see if that one works. Honestly i would rather get an alarm to go along with remote start for another $70 and know it is built for commanders.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like a good concept, and im curious to see if that one works. Honestly i would rather get an alarm to go along with remote start for another $70 and know it is built for commanders.
Well at this point it doesn't matter to me. I think I have been having an issue with the wcm. I thought if I installed this, it may be able to bypass that and I no longer will have the problem with the blinking red light.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just an update.

I've had the flash logic for 2 weeks now and it has been working great. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem I was originally having but wanted to let everyone know if they were planning on getting one.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Just an update.

I've had the flash logic for 2 weeks now and it has been working great. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem I was originally having but wanted to let everyone know if they were planning on getting one.
Hey12 I installed this but it is not starting. A little red light on the dash flashes like 3 times and nothing else. I didn't install the hood pin. I programmed the key and the module seemed to indicate it learned the key fine. What wires did you have to spice? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey12 I installed this but it is not starting. A little red light on the dash flashes like 3 times and nothing else. I didn't install the hood pin. I programmed the key and the module seemed to indicate it learned the key fine. What wires did you have to spice? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hey Hey,

It's been a while but nothing is ever wrong making a come back here. Just to make sure, before installing, the vehicle was starting up perfectly fine right? The little light that flashes, is it the circled red light right above the temperature gauge on the right side?

When I installed mine, I followed the directions to the T. I didn't spice any wires. If I can remember correctly, I plugged one end to the key ignition box and the other two that are colored-coded to the flash logic box. I then shut the doors n all and turned the key to the on position. Once dash lit up, turn the key off and pulled it from the ignition. Lastly, I hit unlock once, to lock in the program; then unlock 3 times. The vehicle should then start.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Hey Hey,

It's been a while but nothing is ever wrong making a come back here. Just to make sure, before installing, the vehicle was starting up perfectly fine right? The little light that flashes, is it the circled red light right above the temperature gauge on the right side?

When I installed mine, I followed the directions to the T. I didn't spice any wires. If I can remember correctly, I plugged one end to the key ignition box and the other two that are colored-coded to the flash logic box. I then shut the doors n all and turned the key to the on position. Once dash lit up, turn the key off and pulled it from the ignition. Lastly, I hit unlock once, to lock in the program; then unlock 3 times. The vehicle should then start.
Finally got around to looking at the install again. The car starts fine the good 'ol way with the key in the ignition. It just won't remote start with 3x lock. The diagram I have for my module shows that on my '06 I have to splice into the starter and control wires, pins 2 and 4 on the 5 pin ignition harness. I didn't cut the wires, just T'ed the wires in. So I had the 8 pin connector from the ignition to the flashlogic module and then the starter and control wires T'ed into the 5 pin ignition connector. Nothing. Reset the module and according to the LED on the module, it programmed correctly but still nothing. I then tried grounding the hood switch wire (pin 4 on the 10 white 10 pin plug) since it is marked as (-). Funny, when I connected the pin, my doors unlocked but still no go on the remote start. I went ahead and pulled the module for now since I can't seem to get it to work. No clue what it up but it definitely doesn't seem to be plug and play for me. Oh, I forgot that when I press lock 3x the LED does not flash which either means "Invalid ground when running status from remote starter." or "Module at rest and ready for a remote start sequence." depending on what mode (remote start or ignition off) it is in. Eitherway, after I programmed it, I haven't seen the LED flash at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Finally got around to looking at the install again. The car starts fine the good 'ol way with the key in the ignition. It just won't remote start with 3x lock. The diagram I have for my module shows that on my '06 I have to splice into the starter and control wires, pins 2 and 4 on the 5 pin ignition harness. I didn't cut the wires, just T'ed the wires in. So I had the 8 pin connector from the ignition to the flashlogic module and then the starter and control wires T'ed into the 5 pin ignition connector. Nothing. Reset the module and according to the LED on the module, it programmed correctly but still nothing. I then tried grounding the hood switch wire (pin 4 on the 10 white 10 pin plug) since it is marked as (-). Funny, when I connected the pin, my doors unlocked but still no go on the remote start. I went ahead and pulled the module for now since I can't seem to get it to work. No clue what it up but it definitely doesn't seem to be plug and play for me. Oh, I forgot that when I press lock 3x the LED does not flash which either means "Invalid ground when running status from remote starter." or "Module at rest and ready for a remote start sequence." depending on what mode (remote start or ignition off) it is in. Eitherway, after I programmed it, I haven't seen the LED flash at all.

I see. On mine, once you program it, the flash module no longer blinks. This is after programming and all. I'll take a look again this coming weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts