Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really hoping that someone has a little experience that they can share with me. I bought the remote start kit from FlashLogic; specifically the FLRSBA which is the remote start module itself and the ADS-THR-CH5 which is the T-harness that lets you plug directly into the ignition module without cutting and splicing a bunch of wires. The diagram for the install is here (http://images.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/RSA-CH5/FLC-RSA-CH5-[FLRSBA]-EN_20181117.pdf ) but I attached a screenshot as well so you don't have to scroll all the way down to page 207 of the PDF to see this.

Basically, the harness plugs in just fine, but there are four other wires that look like they need to be connected. The control and starter wires are pretty straightforward as they are connected to another cable that goes into the ignition module assembly. However, there is a hood switch wire and parking lights wire that appear to be sourced under the hood. Does anyone know if there is any way to "fake" these connections so that the module sees them and works? Number one, I'm not drilling a hole in my truck to install that stupid hood switch (maybe there is a way connect it but compress it so that the module always thinks it closed). Also, I'm sure I can find the parking relay, but how the heck am I supposed to get it through the firewall?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. :)

Pablo

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
I imagine that the hood pin just closes a simple 12V circuit, so you may be able to just send 12V into the input on the controller.

As far as the parking light wire, you should be able to pass it through the firewall through an existing hole. On mine, there's a hole on the driver's side of the firewall, near the engine, that I passed my aftermarket amp power wire through.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Any ideas? :)
Every so often, I'll see a thread like this pop-up and I'll typically try not to respond to it; Then the OP comes back with a response like the one above at which point, I can't help but speak up - if nothing else, just to give the OP a reply.

I have no ideas at all concerning what you decided to buy and are trying to install; I've never heard of this company or this particular product that you bought; I've also never heard of "faking" an electrical connection. I doubt that many people here have - which is why you aren't getting any responses to your thread.

Sometimes in an effort to save money - or skirt around getting the correct MOPAR part, you wander off the beaten path, which more often than not, causes more problems than it solves;

You would have been better served ordering the proper remote start unit/module from FCA, rather than trying to go with, what I'm assuming, was the cheaper route.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Chrysler has dicontinued the OEM kits for 2005-07 model years. Flashlogic is Audivox brand and has been around forever. I know several people who have them installed in different makes of vehicles.

Some sellers on Ebay sell or include additional harnesses to activate different features for different vehicles. It does not always require cutting and splicing to make certain features work but, it depends on the exact vehicle. Several sellers ask for specific vehicle info so they can program or build a harness for a particular vehicle.

Try Googling Jeep Commander remote start. The questions about how to achieve what you want have come up elsewhere. The answers are out there, if not on this forum.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/13998-somenone-afterarket-remote-starter.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Chrysler has dicontinued the OEM kits for 2005-07 model years.

Alright, well this looks like the complete kit;

Part # 82208859AB & 82209507AG In stock & available as of today;

https://www.moparpartsamerica.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=AccessoryCatalog&catalogid=5421&siteid=214583&categoryID=110166&subcat1=110306&subcat2=110307

What do you have to say now @Therocks ?

Obviously, there are still some around if you take the time to look. Also there was no '05 model year for the Commander 2006-2010 are the only model years for the XK.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Flame on brother, I've looked at 8 different websites that show discontinued. If you Google the actual part number, the website you link doesn't come up in the search. The pic on that site shows a key fob transmitter not a module. But, you win. Maybe someone else will try to order it and find out what it really is.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Flame on brother, I've looked at 8 different websites that show discontinued. If you Google the actual part number, the website you link doesn't come up in the search. The pic on that site shows a key fob transmitter not a module. But, you win. Maybe someone else will try to order it and find out what it really is.

Click on the link and read before you go spewing off a bunch of garbage - the kits are there and available and they are the correct OEM Chrysler part numbers.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I said you win....

It's not a matter of winning; It's a matter of READING; Part # 82209507AG Remote Start, Installation Kits;

Here I'll make it easy for you; A picture is worth a thousand words;

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is why I only come on this site to read up on problem solutions for my XK. This place has gotten way to militant since my last stint here. Still looks like a fob to me in the pic you posted. Hope that website doesn't have a wrong listing.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
This is why I only come on this site to read up on problem solutions for my XK. This place has gotten way to militant since my last stint here. Still looks like a fob to me in the pic you posted. Hope that website doesn't have a wrong listing.

Therocks said:
I Googled the actual part number - how do you think I found the listing?

This has ZERO to do with being Militant;

You've implied a couple of times now, that I'm wrong; I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong when that's the case and its happened on this very forum more than once.

However, this is not one of those times. Maybe you're one of those guys that just can't admit when you're wrong;

It took me all of 10 minutes to find that listing, so obviously, there are some of the 2006/07 OEM remote start systems still available. If you're going to go out of your way to contradict somebody (especially me) you'd better do your homework first.

Now I'll agree with you that they are not in production any longer, but obviously, there are still some available.

·
Registered
139 Posts
See if these come through. Call Mark at Newberg Dodge and see if he can get it for you. I've already done that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.