Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought the ELM327 USB V2.1 Cable and am planning on purchasing the Appcar-DiagFCA software both in preparation for up-sizing my tires as well as to enable additional features such as the lane change signal, DRL, dropped mirrors on reverse, etc., and was wondering if anyone knows whether you can perform additional "performance tuning" using the software similar to what can be done using the Flashpaq F5 (higher octane settings, better fuel efficiency, etc.)?

Cheers,
JKX

·
Administrator
6,290 Posts
So I just bought the ELM327 USB V2.1 Cable and am planning on purchasing the Appcar-DiagFCA software both in preparation for up-sizing my tires as well as to enable additional features such as the lane change signal, DRL, dropped mirrors on reverse, etc., and was wondering if anyone knows whether you can perform additional "performance tuning" using the software similar to what can be done using the Flashpaq F5 (higher octane settings, better fuel efficiency, etc.)?

Cheers,
JKX
Honestly, I bought the software primarily for turning on and off certain features. I've never really looked to see if it has any tuning features available because I have a Superchips F5 3874 tuner.

So, the honest answer is I don't know. However, I'm flying home on Monday, (3/02) so, Tuesday I can hook up my laptop and take a look if you'd like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blue! I actually just bought a used Flashpaq for $175, so it's kind of a non-issue at this point. I did have one more question though: Is there any interference between the Flashpaq and the Appcar software, such as conflicting settings for tire size, etc.?

·
Administrator
6,290 Posts
Thanks Blue! I actually just bought a used Flashpaq for $175, so it's kind of a non-issue at this point. I did have one more question though: Is there any interference between the Flashpaq and the Appcar software, such as conflicting settings for tire size, etc.?
No sir, none that I've encountered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! Thanks!
We're currently under a shelter-in-place order in CO, so there's no real point putting new tires on a car that's not going anywhere, but it's good to know for once everything blows over...

·
Administrator
6,290 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!
We're currently under a shelter-in-place order in CO, so there's no real point putting new tires on a car that's not going anywhere, but it's good to know for once everything blows over...
I think we are all dealing with similar circumstances right now as far as sheltering in place; Basically the same thing going on here in Florida.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts