Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found an easy way to access the Vehicle Dynamics Sensor - - from removing the back of the center floor console.

With a few tools to get at it without removing the ENTIRE console.

What i found was an unused connector - - an 8-way

Does anybody have a picture of a console rear trim panel that shows what options or features it supports?

Wanting to understand if there any thing else I could get plugged in and working with this harness?

Maybe my care is missing something?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's no mystery. You're missing your DVD player or other options for your year model. Many cars pre-wired for accessories. It's nice to have incase you want to buy accessories and add them later.This is a picture from my 2006.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text

·
Registered
480 Posts
On 2006-07 models, the rear DVD is placed in that area. On 2008-10 models, I believe that area contains a power outlet and RCA ports.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I just found an easy way to access the Vehicle Dynamics Sensor - - from removing the back of the center floor console.

With a few tools to get at it without removing the ENTIRE console.

What i found was an unused connector - - an 8-way

Does anybody have a picture of a console rear trim panel that shows what options or features it supports?

Wanting to understand if there any thing else I could get plugged in and working with this harness?

Maybe my care is missing something?
The harness can be found in the wire locations in this thread, second PDF. https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/23-regular-service-maintenance/70513-wire-sensor-locations.html
Picture of that and a pin out of that plug - only see a 10 way and a 16 way listed?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts