Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have the Jeep heavy floor mats, front and rear and they cover poorly. Go with Weather Tech...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I also have the Weathertech mats. They fit perfectly and catch almost all dirt, and the raised edges help hold water. It's worth noting that the second row floor mat won't fit properly if you have the DVD system, as they're not molded to fit around it. They'll still fit well enough with a little pressure, though.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have the rugged ridges. They work well for me.

I definitely think that the weathertechs that big blue has look a bit better in the rear though. Better coverage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those weathertechs do look nice! And I have the dvd player (which I'm sure will remain unused) so maybe the rugged ridges might work better in the back for me

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Those weathertechs do look nice! And I have the dvd player (which I'm sure will remain unused) so maybe the rugged ridges might work better in the back for me
I'll tell you, I didn't really think too much of the WeatherTechs just looking at them online and I always thought they were kind of pricey.

Once I bought them and put them in, I really like them alot more seeing them in place & in person.

Nothing wrong with mixing and matching.

·
Registered
480 Posts
One thing to consider about the Weathertechs is that they're made of a thinner, more rigid, lightweight rubber. They've held up well for me, but they also tend to get deformed if left bent for too long, though they fit perfectly when they're not deformed. They also don't offer much grip when wet.

The Rugged Ridges look to be made of a heavier, flexible rubber, which may offer more wet grip and will probably be able to form better around the DVD player.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I have the Mopar. No complaints. I'm not a fan of the look on Weather Tec.
Huge difference between looking at the WeatherTechs online and actually seeing them installed live & in person.

I've tried a few different options in the 2 years I've had my Commander including Mossy Oak Floor matts & the Heavy Duty Quadratec matts and nothing else I've tried compares to the WeatherTechs for coverage & fit, ease of removal & cleaning, as well as overall appearance in my opinion.

Now that being said, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll tell you, I didn't really think too much of the WeatherTechs just looking at them online and I always thought they were kind of pricey.
I didn't care for the way they looked either until seeing the pic of how form fitting they are in your XK.

Got a few months to decide until the snow season, but so far I'm leaning towards those in the front or even the Mopar mats since they're available for quite cheap in certain places

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I didn't care for the way they looked either until seeing the pic of how form fitting they are in your XK.

Got a few months to decide until the snow season, but so far I'm leaning towards those in the front or even the Mopar mats since they're available for quite cheap in certain places
I've heard good things about the Mopar mats, I think Core said he has them and likes them alot.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
I use weathertechs in my wife's nice van, but in my Jeep I prefer the rugged simple look of the mopars.
CommanderFan said:
Also got my chrome trim pieces yesterday, and got those on. They included the front air deflector, the bumper guard (underneath front bumper), fuel filler door, and tailgate handle. None of them were hard to install. Took maybe 2 hours tops to get all 4 mounted
I like that Chrome Trim you have on your Commander.

I don't think I'd use the front air deflector but I like the rest of it.

Where did you order it from and what did it run you?

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I like that Chrome Trim you have on your Commander.

I don't think I'd use the front air deflector but I like the rest of it.

Where did you order it from and what did it run you?
Think it was all from mopar. It's been like 6 years, lol...

EDIT - I was wrong. It's been 7.5 years!

I had to piece everything together from justforjeeps.com and jeepworld.com. I probly used mopar and jc whitney too.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
Think it was all from mopar. It's been like 6 years, lol...

EDIT - I was wrong. It's been 7.5 years!

I had to piece everything together from justforjeeps.com and jeepworld.com. I probly used mopar and jc whitney too.
I understand, no problem, thanks for trying.

Genuine OEM Parts Search | Cheapest Factory Parts

I found the door moldings here - those are the main things I wanted to replace mine are all faded and look awful.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Blue, can you link me where you got your front Real Tree / Camo seat covers? The ones on Amazon state they do not fit my 2010 XK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts