Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered Flowmasters 50 Series HD that was designed for our 5.7 HEMI engines. I had a super 40 on my 04 Hemi and it performed great but talked to a couple diff people 2 from flowmaster and 1 from dodgetruckworld saying that the 50 series HD part # is 9530560 would still make more HP and TQ over the super 40. So with that said I got one. Im looking foward to see what this muffler will do in letting the engine breathe out better. I got a K&N intake and just switched to Full Synthetic Oil and see what these 3 mods will do for performance. Anyone running this muffler. Im thinking of doing something before the passenger side rear tire. Will try to get pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Flomaster

I would love to do this but my concern is with the MDS kicking in and what it will sound like:confused:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I asked a tech at flowmaster and said it would cause any diff in performance but your right I didnt ask if the sound would change or what. He did suggest to keep the resonator due to it being very loud. What Im going to do is once its installed Ill listen to it before they connect anything after the muffler and see how loud it will be and go from there.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just had a Magnaflow muffler installed today. It is awesome. Nice low growl under normal conditions with no real droning on the highway either. When I get into it I hear a sound that is just what I want my Hemi to sound like. I just replaced the stock muffler with Part #12586 MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER 5" X 11" 22" BODY 2-1/2". The guy did a great job welding in the new one and I am very pleased. I also kept the resonator.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey jeep63 did you get the hear the mufflur by itself before he installed the rest of the rear exhuast.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sadly, no I did not. I would imagine it would sound more like my F150. I have a Magnaflow cat back on it with no resonator behind the muffler, and it is louder at all points: idle, cruising, and wot. My wife drives the commander some and she is not interested in the sound, so the compromise sound I have on the xk is just perfect. Not too loud, but under wot it does sound nice!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok after installing my man made intake I went to my buddies carx shop and installed the 50 Series HD muffler from Flowmaster and also had to remove the resonator because it really sounded like stock again. It sounds awesome and is a bit loud but its worth it and I felt the performance effect right away. I take offs are getting a hell of alot better. I not sure how to but will try to get a video of it and put it on here but till I find out how to do that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Resonator

Is the resonator the piece that is close to the tail pipe? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
pgoty said:
Is the resonator the piece that is close to the tail pipe? :confused:
........Yes..........

·
Registered
49 Posts
Resonator??

I saw some of the postings about the resonator, but was unsure if it applied to the hemi or not.

I'm planning on replacing my muffler with the the Flowmaster 50, should I have my resonator removed?

thanks in advance

1 - 11 of 11 Posts