Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has this one installed?

Thoughts? Pics? Vids? :)

What PN# did you order? I see multiple PN's for the 1 in, 2 out versions..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I could be wrong, but I dont think anyone is running the Flowmaster 50 HD muffler. There are a few members on the forum including myself running the Flowmaster 50 Series SUV muffler. I think this would be the better choice for the Jeep Commander but thats all personal preference. Also if I recall correctly you need a 2.5 inch muffler with offset inlet, center outlet. Going with duel outlets is not my thing but again thats just personal preference.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what i've read, the 50HD is designed specifically for hemi..

I haven't decided if I want to do SISO or SIDO yet.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
From what i've read, the 50HD is designed specifically for hemi..

I haven't decided if I want to do SISO or SIDO yet.
It could possibly be for the Hemi's. Id give them a call directly and im sure they will let you know.

I think its just a whole lot easier going SISO. Plus the only way id ever go SIDO on the commander is if I ran a setup like the GC SRT8 and that means id lose my tow hitch. That cant happen. I use it on a weekly basis.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can put any kind of muffler on that you want. I just put a flowmaster 10 series race muffler on my 4.7 and it sounds amazing. It's 2.5 inches in diameter. My best source to find sounds and things to get what I wanted was on youtube. They have quite a huge variety of muffler sounds from many different vehicles. Though some vehicles do have different motors, I found that the 4.8 that chevy puts out is very similar to the sound of the 4.7. And if you have a hemi just check out a ram video.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could possibly be for the Hemi's. Id give them a call directly and im sure they will let you know.

I think its just a whole lot easier going SISO. Plus the only way id ever go SIDO on the commander is if I ran a setup like the GC SRT8 and that means id lose my tow hitch. That cant happen. I use it on a weekly basis.
Yeah, I'd LOVE to have it setup like the SRT8, but same here. Can't lose that tow setup..

I might just do SISO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts