Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here-thought I would post about my 07 XK.
Great results from these 2 mods. Great sound from the flowy. Power from the K&N is right where they said- 4 to 4,500 rpm. Can notice a little bit down lower but not much. Helped a bit w/mpg. Flowy has helped throughout the pwr band. I think I have picked up an honest 15hp. Have to install a resonater tip-to much resonance on the hwy. Will be a pita since that is where the hanger is for the tail pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Re: K&N/Flowmaster

Good stuff. Looks just like mine. Did you go with the 40 or 50? Are you happy with it? It will mellow out a bit as time goes by, although my buddy at work assures me it's just because I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I got a 70. I have one on my 92 pu and I like the sound and what I got out of it. Was going to go with the 50 but thought it would be to loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Have you noticed any difference in the shifting below 40mph?
After I inst the K&N I thought it was shifting a little different. Then when I inst the muf it was obvious. it will shift up then back down-like it can't find the right gear. This all happens with the throttle in the same position. It took a long time, around 300 mi for the computer to learn the new setup.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

I do have some weirdness going on with my shifting, don't know if I could say it's the muffler. I think we can just hear it now. Although, RC is in the shop right now because of this. That and intermittently it is slipping when engaging the gear after being parked. They already performed the checkvalve TSB but it might even be worse now. I think they may have put the valve in backwards. Beginning to really like the Commander, but this is annoying me.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts

Fritzy said:
I got a 70. I have one on my 92 pu and I like the sound and what I got out of it. Was going to go with the 50 but thought it would be to loud.
LOL, I like the loud. Mine isn't bad unless I've got the cruise set at 70, then it's pretty loud, especially in the back seat. I think of it as my MPG mod, makes me drive slower and get better mileage. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts