Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone. i'm thining about adding some fog/driving lights to my commander, but i don't plan on buying a bull bar or roof rack to install them on. can you guys/gals please post some pics for me of where you installed your lights. i think i recall cico7 or someone installing them inside there grille, but i want different options. i guess i could install them in the factory fog light housing, but i'm going for a more aggressive look. thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Here are my newest ones:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Testa... perhaps members can post their opinions on off-road lights (type and style). I too am in the process of planning to install a set. I have decided to install them behind the fron grill. I've seen them mounted using the top rad mount and also 1 member I think actually mounted them on the bumper, just behind the grill.
I am not trying to hi-jack your thread bro, but I am also wondering about this topic. I saw a thread with someone showing how to connect the driving lights to the high beams, so they only come on when the high beams are on and therefore do not require you to run extra wiring for a toggle switch. Does anyone know who installed their lights this way and has detailed install instructions?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its all good with me commander4lyfe. i want all options available as well. i just dont want to put lights on the commander and have it turn out tacky. so all pics are welcome.

49er, those look good, but im not planning on adding a bullbar or anything like that. thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
mrtaillight.com

Mr Tail Light

Harness is 79.00 the lights alone are 49.00

This same light kit works on the Grand Cherokee, Dakota, and Commander.
This is the set i used. I tied mine into my low beams. They pop right into the holes where the factory lights would be.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If you want fog lights then you should mount them on or under the bumper. If you want driving lights then they should be mounted higher like on a roof light bar. Driving lights have a long narrow beam of light and fog lights have a wide and short beam of light. You could mount the lights on the bumper in front of the grill but all I can tell you is that the easiest way to mount them is to drill into the bumper. I had made a set of brackets to avoid drilling but they were difficult to make and they were not strong enough. Either way I would go with Delta lighting, I have a set of lights that has been on several jeeps and still work fine with the original bulbs too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
cico7, were the lights difficult to install? Plus, does anyone know of any good aftermarket HID fog lights that would install in the factory light holes? Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Plus, does anyone know of any good aftermarket HID fog lights that would install in the factory light holes? Thanks.
Yes as long as you get the right bulb size and find a nice dry place for your ballast, or make a safe case for it. Here is a link to a thread with good HID products that aren't over the top expensive. HID Thread

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
cico7, were the lights difficult to install? Plus, does anyone know of any good aftermarket HID fog lights that would install in the factory light holes? Thanks.
They were very easy to install. you take out the screws from the blanks and push these in. I replaced the stock bulbs with the bright bulbs from the headlights. I think AK used Sylvania Silverstars in his.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the respones everyone.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Who had the step by step instructions posted for mounting behind grill? It also had wiring example for switching via high beams. Members that have them mounted behind grill... how do you find them? Does the grill impede the effectiveness of the added driving lights much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts