Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Commander didn't come w/ fogs. However, I'm wanting to add some aftermarkets. My question is, where is the switch from the factory located at?

Also, the button panel located below the climate control (traction control, back. asist, tow/haul)... is there any other buttons (besides those I listed) in that strip?

Overall, what I'm thinkin is putting the fog light switch on that lower section. If the fog switch isn't located there from factory, I was thinking of getting another strip and using a spare button as the fog switch. Eh?

What y'all think?

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
The factory fog light switch is located on the control stalk on the left side of the steering column.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Yeah, it's made into the turn signal stalk. I mounted mine in the mounting bezel for my kenwood system. If I ever sell the jeep, I remove the stereo and the bezel, put in the factory system, and you would never know the switches were there.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Also, the button panel located below the climate control (traction control, back. asist, tow/haul)... is there any other buttons (besides those I listed) in that strip?

Reading the panel from left to right: heated seat, blank, traction control, tow/haul, electric pedals, park sensor, blank, blank, heat seat. This panel used on 2006, 2007. 2008 and newer have a different center stack.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reading the panel from left to right: heated seat, blank, traction control, tow/haul, electric pedals, park sensor, blank, blank, heat seat. This panel used on 2006, 2007. 2008 and newer have a different center stack.:eek:rangehat:
Awesome! Thats what I was lookin for. I'm thinking I might make my fog lights in one of those blanks. Maybe even find a salvaged panel and use a button that my Commander doesn't have

·
Registered
422 Posts
good luck...sounds like a good Idea maybe you want to PM Adamag25 or one of the other members who have the rear fogs and see where they mounted their switch or relayed into another system...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts