Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that both of my flog lights are cracked from rocks. Does anyone make any protection for the fog lights? As I replace them, I'd like to add a little extra protection in there to help prevent it from happing again.

At this point both lights are still working and the lens is just cracked but at some point if they go out, I'll be replacing them

Also while digging around I found a thread where someone installed some lights behind the grill, I may have to try that mod out as well!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
There is no known fog light screen as of yet. Maybe you could create a new product!

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm pretty sure there are 3m laminate covers for the fog lights. I was considering to cover my headlights and fog lights since they are so prone to rock chips and scratches.

·
Registered
696 Posts
www.lamin-x.com headlights, turn signals, and fog lights for around $50 I think. You can also order universal sheets and cut it to size to put it wherever you want including painted areas for protection.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may have to look into the laminate film - just wonder how well that stuff works. I had hopes someone made a screen or cover for the lights...bummer!

·
Registered
423 Posts
You'd be surprised about the laminate film, it's a couple millimeters thick and durable. They had a complete protection kit on a Dodge Viper at the dealership that covered the whole front end, mirrors, behind the wheels, etc. Dirty crap wipes right off!

·
Registered
809 Posts
3mm is pretty thick, but I bet you could put on an extra layer for good measure if you wanted. If you hit anything that pushes through 6mm of laminate the fog lights will be the least of your repair woes!

·
Registered
696 Posts
I want to do it but havent because I need to replace my passenger side turn signal. Dont want to waste the laminate on the old one. I will be doing this soon though and let you guys know how it works. Unless someone gets to it first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts