Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone look at their OEM fog lights and tell me whether the bulbs are angled up or point straight. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,846 Posts
Thanks, I will try reinstalling them. Now they both are angled up.
@Creek,

There is an Alan key screw on the top of the factory fog light which is used to change the angle of the light beam up or down. If you want to angle the beam down, loosen that top screw until you get the desired angle of the light beam down where you want it. If you want to move the beam up, you tighten that screw down tighter until you get the beam up where you want it.

·
Banned
159 Posts
if the bulb is angled up and it wasnt before, my guess would be that when you put the bulb back you missed one of the tabs that hold it in place. I swapped mine the other day when you twist it in sometimes one of them wont be seated all the way and will make it sit not flush..

·
Registered
338 Posts
if the bulb is angled up and it wasnt before, my guess would be that when you put the bulb back you missed one of the tabs that hold it in place. I swapped mine the other day when you twist it in sometimes one of them wont be seated all the way and will make it sit not flush..
What he said.... either that or you bought the wrong type and they don't fit properly. Make sure the tabs on the bulb line up with the slots in the housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts