Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem with the V6 is once you put on an aftermarket exhaust will it sound lik a "rice rocket" rather than a truck! I makin this for people lookin to put an exhaust on their 3.7 and DON'T want it to sound like that!

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
That doesn't sound bad. Around here, there are a couple of Rangers and S10's with duals - now, they sound bad! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
3 Posts
for about $20-$60 you can get a thrush brand muffler that sounds good on the 3.7 XK. better deal than the flowmaster or magnaflow, with a better sound. although the sound is all relative I guess when you consider almost every idiot that takes a video of their new exhaust for youtube uses their cell phone camera...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Flowmaster 44

I really dont mind that sound.....What inlet outlet did you get for your 44.....and where were they inlet and outlet placed....left side,right side or center for inlet...and same for outlet....because when is search you have to just order whatever there is no specific part number for commander.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really dont mind that sound.....What inlet outlet did you get for your 44.....and where were they inlet and outlet placed....left side,right side or center for inlet...and same for outlet....because when is search you have to just order whatever there is no specific part number for commander.....
2.5" inlet / outlet

offset inlet, center outlet

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
389 Posts
did you do the install yourself? if so what else did you need to complete the change over? was the flowmaster a direct fit?
As long as you buy the proper muffler (offset inlet, center outlet, 2.5" diameter) it will fit directly where your old one did with a little added exhaust piping for the difference in length.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts