Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO MORE CHIMING!

2006 Commander Limited

I am on a mission to disable/defeat every chime this vehicle makes. Door ajar? GONE! Key in? GONE! Seat belt unfastened? GONE GONE GONE!!!

Yeah I know "safety safety safety, blah blah blah". This is the lecture you get from people who don't know the answer.

Anyway, I know how to go to each device and trick the wiring but what I'm after is maybe a common wire or fuse or a way to program the computer to just never make those noises again. Maybe a wire that goes to the stereo system could be cut or something?

If anyone has an answer or a direction I should pursue please feel free to share. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ding Ding........Ding Ding........Ding Ding

My Commander goes Ding Ding all the way down the road. It's two Dings followed by silence for 20-30 seconds then two more Dings. Sometimes it goes away for a while but not usually.

It's not the Door Ajar, Seat Belt, Key in Ignition. It's something else.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Figured it out. My Nav disc wasn't reading. Took the disc out and ding ding went away.

Still want the other noises gone though. Working on it.

-Linwood

·
Registered
23 Posts
How do you cut out the seatbelt dings? I use my commander to hunt and while in the woods, don't use my seatbelt and don't want it to ding either. I tried the turn the key on count blah blah balh and it didn't work with mine. Maybe i'm not smart enough to do it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
How do you cut out the seatbelt dings? I use my commander to hunt and while in the woods, don't use my seatbelt and don't want it to ding either. I tried the turn the key on count blah blah balh and it didn't work with mine. Maybe i'm not smart enough to do it.

Easiest thing I can think of would be to just click your seatbelt closed BEHIND you.

This way you are not actually wearing it - but it's still engaged/locked and there will be no alarm chiming.

I've done it a few times - and it's not uncomfortable, at least not to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I bought a pair of universal seat belt extenders for a few bucks on eBay. I love them. Nice thing about them is if you see the cops your seatbelt isn't slung around behind the seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts