Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who left your keys inside the jeep and dont have AAA. well i have AAA but i used up all my service calls,,,anyways

i went ahead and unlocked the commander myself with a coat hanger and its was super simple to do, i know ppl have been using the metal coat hanger for years, but i just want to assrurance you guys its was really easy to do because it has double weatherstripping on the commander, i used metal coat hanger, plastic putty spreader,& dykes,)

i was eazy as jaming it in and lifting the hanger up.it only took me like 5 mintues.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did the alarm go off when you opened the door? Happened a couple times on my WK. Has anyone tried the tennis ball trick? No criminal confessions, please.

·
Super Moderator
14,964 Posts
What is the tennis ball trick ?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
You can have a cheap copy cut of the key blade (No transponder/rfid fobik key) put it in a "Hide-a-Key" and store it under the vehicle. Can't start the vehicle and if it falls off no big loss, but it can unlock the vehicle if you lock your keys in the car.

I also have an expensive (and only 7 can be programmed to your vehicle) extra fobik I keep hidden in the spare jack compartment, so if I lose a key, I can open the door with the cheapo cut copy and then get into the jack compartment and get a key that will start and run the vehicle.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can have a cheap copy cut of the key blade (No transponder/rfid fobik key) put it in a "Hide-a-Key" and store it under the vehicle. Can't start the vehicle and if it falls off no big loss, but it can unlock the vehicle if you lock your keys in the car.

I also have an expensive (and only 7 can be programmed to your vehicle) extra fobik I keep hidden in the spare jack compartment, so if I lose a key, I can open the door with the cheapo cut copy and then get into the jack compartment and get a key that will start and run the vehicle.

Thanks Mongo: what's your address, and when is your place unattended?

:icon_razz:

·
Registered
76 Posts
The tennis ball trick is a fake they did that on mythbusters not real.
Good to know. I've heard it so much that I thought it worked. Might have tried it if i were in a sticky situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts