Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around some of the lakes here at Lewis, you can take your POV to the fishing holes - turns out, some of the roads are also used as HUMVEE training areas.

Its the closest thing to offroading I've found here so far...

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome pics!

When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg we used to take my buddy's Jeep Wrangler down to the HMMWV training areas.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Polar, you need to come play up in BC for a weekend. A few trails here have filled my pants, of course, your rig has more armor and such

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Polar, you need to come play up in BC for a weekend. A few trails here have filled my pants, of course, your rig has more armor and such
I know, I should! But I have to get some passports and all that stuff!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Pretty cool Polar.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cool Polar...show them hummvees how its done eh?!
You know its funny - the area I was on is open for anyone on post, so at least one of the units uses it for driver's training on the HUMVEES and the LMTVS. Once, coming up that very area, I came upon a couple of hummers coming down the road. I always wondered how they called that one in.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you checked out the sand pit outside Scouts Out gate? Not a bad place to go.
No, I haven't. But now that you mention it, I have to find out. How do I get there? I've only been on post for about a month, so I don't know where all the back gates are. Simple directions?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry it took a while to got back on I'm in Iraq right now....Anyhow, without knowing the street names and having a map in front of me it's kind of hard to describe but if you ask around anyone who's been on Lewis for any period of time should know it, if not ask them how to get to the shot gun range, that will take you out "Scouts Out" gate once you get out the gate you'll immediatly start to see trails on your right side, hit the trails that parallel the road and you will run right into the sand pit. It's huge you can't miss it, and if it the same as when I left it is completely permited, if its not just tell them your mapping out a land navigation course, it always worked for me....When I get back we'll have to hook up and do some wheeling, Lewis is great if you have a map.....Hell it's great if you don't, just try to stay out of the impact area......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts