Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had a little barcode sticking out where the rim and tire wall meet on one of the tires. Just figure it was the barcode sticker from the tire. Although the JC has had some other issues I have 11K miles on the tires since March and no issues. From reading some of your post it seems that you have an issue with the Fortera being on the JC. These are the OEM that come with the JC. You may consider replacing them if you really feel that unsafe with the Forteras ;)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If it is defected Goodyear will replace it for free, so take it by the local Goodyear store and have it checked out.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hoo-ah_Hemi said:
No problem with OEMs as "assumed" just would like to get tires ordered ,don't see need to pay out of pocket for option already paid for when ordered J. This flaw was shown to local dealer in Carlsbad and got as run around Mr. Goodyear said dealers problem. This Mfgr.s flaw is going to cost additional $160. that Daimler/JEEP should be covering?
If it is a tire flaw DCX is simply going to make Goodyear fix it. One way or another it is a flaw if it is a flaw in materials it is fully covered under warranty (no prorating).

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Forteras are what DCX say they are and are OEM. They are highly rated and I can find no records of defects, but they are new so time will tell. Otherwise, this sounds like a bunch of HOO-EY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts