Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a thread with concern as to why my newly lifted commander leans. Well after a few days of letting it settle and closely examining the underside and all components. I found some previous damage that went unnoticed till now. The main thing that sticks to is that the subframe that the LCA attaches to is bent. This is essentially tweaking the passenger LCA. My question is what is the repair procedure full replacement or can it be repaired. I included a pic of bent subframe and a side profile just to show suspension work so far.

Thanks Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
It's possible a body shop could use frame-straightening rigs to tweak the cradle back to spec. Otherwise, it's a $500 piece that can be replaced. It bolts to the unibody with four large bolts. It is the mounting foundation for the suspension (as you noted) and the engine. Replacement is a bit involved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which lift did you install? Looks like you did a leveling kit with new UCAs. I just wanted to verify it was not a Superlift since the rear LCA mount should be moved under the crossmember/engine cradle with the Superlift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts