Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled into a Walmart parking lot in San Diego this morning and saw 4 Commanders, all parked towards the rear plus a few other Jeeps including the mini commander. Midnight blue, a new used black with 22's, another stock Black and my steel blue limited.

They seem to be getting more popular out here.:)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Before I got my 2007 Commander I would see one maybe once a month here in S. Fla. now I see one nearly every day. So, I agree, they seem to finally be catching on. I know EVERYONE who rides in mine says its great. I took a couple down to Key West last week and coming back there was a TERRIBLE rainstorm, complete with 60mph gusts, hail etc etc. Water collected on the road so high it was splashing every my hood onto the windshield. The Commander felt totally safe going through it all and being so heavy wasnt hardly buffeted around. My passengers, both women, said they would really like to have one, one girl was from Australia, she said Wow, you could really use one of these where I live. john

·
Registered
230 Posts
When I first saw the Commander two years ago or so at The New York Auto Show, I remember thinking how friggin ugly the thing was and that it was going to be a complete failure for Jeep. (and I am a Jeep guy) - After the first year, I started to see a few more of them, but I didn't want to own one. Then, by the end of last year, something happened and I started to like the different look of the Commander, so my wife and I purchased one (she always liked it) - the fact that it had the Hemi was a bonus! But I think you guys and gals are right, I too am starting to see alot more of them on the road everywhere we go. I wonder if that is due to a good leasing program or rebate program?

·
Registered
100 Posts
prudemonkey said:
When I first saw the Commander two years ago or so at The New York Auto Show, I remember thinking how friggin ugly the thing was and that it was going to be a complete failure for Jeep. (and I am a Jeep guy) - After the first year, I started to see a few more of them, but I didn't want to own one. Then, by the end of last year, something happened and I started to like the different look of the Commander, so my wife and I purchased one (she always liked it) - the fact that it had the Hemi was a bonus! But I think you guys and gals are right, I too am starting to see alot more of them on the road everywhere we go. I wonder if that is due to a good leasing program or rebate program?
Im sure the rebate has alot to do with it. Im not sure if its still available, but the rebate was 4k when I got mine.

·
Registered
437 Posts
prudemonkey said:
The first year or two of any new model it takes awhile to start seeing them on the road.
And it could be the fact that they are giving them away right now??

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Just swing by my dad's house on a Sunday. You will see 3 XKs and a Liberty lol

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Black Widow said:
You are a great guy and all, but I dont think Im making that roadtrip.. :D
Bummer... I guess I won't set a place for you. :(

But I don't blame ya! I am trying to figure out how to escape. :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
dadelstein said:
I live in Minneapolis and was in San Diego 2 weekends ago for business. I saw quite a few. We see them here in Minny...
I live in San Francisco and when I visited Pacific Beach in San Diego I saw 4 to 5 Commanders. I only see 1 to 2 Commanders a week in the San Francisco area. Not too many around here.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I spent a week in Orlando, FL, I saw 5 XK's all of them 4x2's. I guess there is no reason to drive a 4x4 in FL highways.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I saw 5 of the XK's on my way home from work the other night. At least 2 were 4X4 and mine would make it three. I visited my daughter last weekend and there was an XK in the driveway. She had visitors and when I ask who's XK she told me her Volvo was in the shop and she rented it from Enterprise. Who had though, but it was a 4X2.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I see about one a week on my Phoenix Commute, That is picking up but I like that they are not at every stoplight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts