Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
August 09 edition of 4 Wheeler page 64-

XK- stock- 31.5x10.5, 32x11.5, 33x12.5

with a 1.5" lift- 35x12.5

with a 4" suspension or 3" body lift-36x12.5

stock w/ fender flares- 37x12.5

with a 4.5" suspension lift- 38.5x15

with a 6" suspension lift (who makes that?)- 40x17

No mention of wheel spacers

I read this and was like what [removed]

I sooooo wish the info they provided was true, we would all be running huge tires.

I emailed the the magazine and cited the information on jeepcommander.com under suspension, sticky, with a plug for the site of course.

I will update if I receive an email back from them.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Where the hell did they get that information from. I wish I could fit a 33 inch tires stock! You need a 4 inch superlift to do that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That was good of you to do. I hope those bozos retract the article and print the actual fitment guide... AND WE ALL WANT FREE SUBSCRIPTIONS TOO!!!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Honestly it looks like they got the XK mixed up with the JK.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have different listings for the JK. The article is more or less a chart for different makes and models. I will say in all fairness that the magazine states:

"If you find a situation listed below that doesn't seem to jibe with your own experience ...email...we will look into it and make changes accordingly".

While I respect their honesty they clearly did not even look at an XK otherwise they would have said there is no way those will fit.

It is just another example of the XK being ignored as a serious four wheel machine, makes me sad.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I shake my fist at them and their lazy reporting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts