Jeep Commander Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are located in the Salt Lake City area and would like a free set of Rockrails, please contact us direct. We're looking for a donor Commander for a couple days for prototyping purposes. In exchange for leaving us your vehicle for a couple days, you get a free set of Rocky Road Rockrails.

Plus... we'll go over the Jeep in some other areas. If we find other parts we can make and can use your Jeep for the design, you get those parts free as well.

Our shop is located in Heber City (east of Salt Lake / Provo). Please feel free to check our website for legitimacy. You can also find a number of our parts hanging in the parts office of D'Ambrosio Jeep... as well as other Jeep dealers around the country.

Let us know if you are in our area and interested in some free schwag!

http://www.rocky-road.com

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wish I was out there -- you could have my Commander for sure... though I don't know that I really even need rock rails, it'd be fun to see the other things you guys come up with as this vehicle gets out into the world.

Could you clue us in on some things you think the Commander might need? A set of skid plates, I guess the stockers, is on my list, along with a light bar on the front -- not sure I like the one shown in Jeep literature. Looks like they want you to put two small rectangular lights in the gap; I'd prefer a couple of mid-size driving lights on the top of the bar. Got anything planned like that?

Thanks,

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've already designed the 2.5" lift. It was quite possibly the first commercially available lift for the Commander.

At the least we'd also like to do the Rock sliders. Probably some diff guards and skidplates as well. Racks are also something we like to see on Jeeps. Possibly some light bars or other easy bolton ext. steel parts. Bumpers will be down the road aways.

We're considering purchasing one for the company anyway. If we do, we'll likely develop a lift to allow for 33-34" tires and many other parts. Some shops don't like IFS Jeeps, but we were one of the first manufacturer's on the planet to jump on the Liberty and its been a great on and offroad vehicle. The Commander looks like it might be able to tow my 'toys' a bit better :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
rockyroad said:
We've already designed the 2.5" lift. It was quite possibly the first commercially available lift for the Commander.

Superlift has a new 4" lift out for both the Commander and new Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rubicontrail.net said:
rockyroad, could you post more photos of the suspension components?
Don't want to SPAM this board and commercialize this thread. If you have interest and questions on our products, please head over to our website. I answer all incoming email questions and design all products we manufacture. Feel free to contact me direct.

In the meantime.... still looking for takers on the offer for free parts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Closest I'll be getting to SLC with my XK will be Moab next month... Sounds like a great offer though! There's gotta be someone in that area with a Commander.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd love to take you up on the offer, but at 1650 miles one way, it probably ain't cost-effective! I like the looks of your rock rails for the WK, though. I hope you get someone to donate their Commander, as I'd like to get a set of rails from you.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've sent a PM with my contact information. I live in Southern CA, but may be willing to drive out for a couple days. I've been involved with product development on three Commander products so far and would love to work with Rocky Road. I actually have your 2.25 inch lift kit with DT8000 shocks currently on order.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Doesn't look like I'll be able to make the trip, after balancing all the factors...

So, they're still looking for a Commander for R&D...Good opportunity!

·
Registered
101 Posts
This thread is so old i'm sure rocky road has already found a taker but if not let me know and I would be willing to let you use mine as a test model!
I live in Salt Lake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.