Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have between 50-60% tread still.

giving them away to a nice home. just pay shipping. its probably $25/tire.

you have 2 weeks or they are going to get burned redneck style.:D just kidding. but they will end up at the dump.

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
4.7commander said:
but they will end up at the dump.
Is there a tire recycling place near you ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Stick them out front of your home (chained to a tree) with a $10 or $15 each sign.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You could drop them off at a used tire place and get a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If I were closer, I'd take them, just so that they wouldn't go to the landfill.

If noone here offers to pick them up, I'd try taking them to a local garage, and see if they'd want them.

·
Administrator
15,205 Posts
RedCommander said:
If this had come up last week, I'd take them. I just got new tires on Saturday. Sorry I can't help. The fire's a cool idea though.
Are you out of your mind ? Do you know how toxic that smoke is ?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
jeep5253 said:
Do you know how toxic that smoke is ?
Precisely why I suggested he at least just take them to a garage. Definitely should try to recycle them in some way. Burning/trashing is just bad all around.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I said a tire fire would be cool, not that it would be good for the environment. Chill out.

Also, if you're that concerned about the environment, why are you driving around a jeep that gets 12mpg on a regular basis and not a prius?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'd get arrested for burning them. don't get all out of shape.

i'll just call a few tire shops and see if they would like them.. or else i'll stick them in the dumpster.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
just a suggestion but maybe you should keep one just in case your ever offroading and get stuck with no one around.....light one of those s.o.b.'s of fire that way its visable from everywhere and you can get rescued...........naw just playing give them to a tire place....

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tires are gone.

Donated to a member for the forum for the cost of shipping.

Thanks.

my youngest son decided to climb up them, they were stacked against the wall. even though i told him 10 times not to touch the tires. well when he climbed up it, it fell on him. no injuries, just a bit embarrassed. 3 year olds just don't listen, same with the 6 year old. oh-well, atleast they didn't climb up the mud tires when they were against the wall. that would have hurt the kids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.