Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Limited with MDS. As the weather starts to turn good, I would rather have fresh air instead of auto heat/cooled air.

As I was driving along, I made a turn in which the sun came in thru the sun roof. A few seconds later, I noticed the the air conditioner was engaged and cool air was hitting me.

Now, I'm not one to have an exact air temp always hitting me. Plus or minus 5 degrees is fine. I can press a button if uncomfortable <G>.

I've tried turning off the system and crack the window. But I only need to crack the window, perhaps a half an inch. Apparently, I just don't have the reflexes anymore for that.

And just what happens when the passenger side is still at 66 degrees and the drivers side is at 72 degrees. Are both the heater and air conditioner going on at the same time? When I'm driving alone, I haven't been paying attention to the passenger temp controls.

The heat of the summer will be here soon enought. Right now, I just want fresh air from the vents.

Am I correct that fresh air is something I can't have without rolling the windows down?

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
200 Posts
No, you can.

1. Make sure the right hand knob is NOT on "Auto". Choose another setting.

2. Put the temp knobs on the blue "max cold" setting or raise it a few degrees to avoid/enable the heat.

3. Turn the left hand knob on HI or LOW, or choose a speed setting.

4. Make sure the A/C and Recirculate buttons are OFF.

You should be getting fresh air.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

That seems to work. I had to wait for the weather to warm up again to put it to the test.

It was weird. Outside temp in the '60s with bright sun. Got in the car and it was in the mid 80s. Normal...right.

Start driving and find the air conditioner is on. Hey. It's 60 out. Quit wasting my gas on the AC!

That automatic temp control may be good in the winter (it was). Perhaps in the summer (will find out), but in the spring/fall, I can open the sun roof for a few minutes.

Tom

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, same here in Tampa - the "winter" is usually nice enough for the sunroof and the windows, and I had to consequently learn that trick early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts