Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front Air Deflector/Bug Shield

Anyone have any pictures of the Mopar Black Bug Defelctor. I know this sounds silly, but I would like to see what one looks like installed. I have seen the pictures of the chrome one, but I would be getting the black. Thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
bug Shield?

The day after I purchased my Commander I drove to Arkansas (7 hours away). I had a HUGE amount of bugs on my windshield, and I had to stop every so often just to clean the glass. Are there any bug shields that look decent for a Commander?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
Danielj said:
The day after I purchased my Commander I drove to Arkansas (7 hours away). I had a HUGE amount of bugs on my windshield, and I had to stop every so often just to clean the glass. Are there any bug shields that look decent for a Commander?
Thanks!
The bug shields don't really work all that well. The dirty windshield is just one of the things you have to put up with on the Commander -- the windshield is very vertical.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
cajunhemi

Re: Bug Deflector
That's a good one. The bug deflector was one of the first thnings I put on my hemi commander and let me tell you, keep bugs off the windshield it does not. What it does do very well is protect the leading edge and adjacent angle portion of the hood from direct impact from rocks and bugs. That's why I got mine....to protect the paint. plus it looks cool too!

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
05-12-2007, 10:10 PM
RMiller05

Re: So does every bug on the highway..
I have a bug shield on my Commander, and I can tell you that it doesn't help at all. I had a Grand Cherokee before my Commander, and never had any problems with bugs, but now with the Commander I feel like I own a bug magnet.

Being from Boston, we get our fare share of bugs in the summer, so I'm guessing it's going to be something I'll have to deal with.

·
Registered
71 Posts
So i guess the real question is..

What does everyone use to clean their bug guts? Cause my windshield cleaner doesn't do a very good job...

They need to make something that just dissolves the guts away on cantact....

·
Registered
512 Posts
Old drier sheets and soapy water works very well on the paint, but I dont know about the glass. -43:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
fine steel wool works awesome. sounds bad, but its not

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Newspaper & Coke.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
Newspaper & Coke.
I hope the Coke is for drinking 'cause you sure don't want to get it on your paint.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yes windows. DO NOT use on paint!!!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Stoners invisible glass, works great and get the bugs off, the dryer sheets work well on the bumper and grille along with Mcquires quick detailer get em off...

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Dryer sheets work great on windows as well as painted surfaces. Just don't let your wife catch you stealing too many of them at one time, she'll think you've gone totally bonkers until she looks out the windshield.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
jeep5253 said:
I hope the Coke is for drinking 'cause you sure don't want to get it on your paint.
Use it on the glass... That is what he is talking about.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts