Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hadany trouble installing the front air deflector? I tried putting mine on tonight and it was all fudged up. The hood wouldn't close for one. Only one screw would even screw in, the rest would just keep turning and 2 out of for mounting clips (or what ever they are) fell out. I took it off and hope the dealership could do something with it next week during my next service, for under a million dollars.

·
Registered
476 Posts
bravo2376 said:
Anyone hadany trouble installing the front air deflector? I tried putting mine on tonight and it was all fudged up. The hood wouldn't close for one. Only one screw would even screw in, the rest would just keep turning and 2 out of for mounting clips (or what ever they are) fell out. I took it off and hope the dealership could do something with it next week during my next service, for under a million dollars.
Ordered my deflectors (hood and window) when I ordered the XK - dealer installed prior to delivery to me :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HemiCommander said:
Ordered my deflectors (hood and window) when I ordered the XK - dealer installed prior to delivery to me :)
Shoud've had them do mine. I thought I could do it though. Just could'nt get the hood to close. Hope they can fix it at the next service.

·
Registered
476 Posts
At one time I would have tried - however - I have learned my limitations over the years! :eek: I deal with software - hood deflectors fall under hardware - let the hardware guys handle that part ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update----Since the dealer couldn't install it over here(they said it was the wrong one and the hood wouldn't shut), I contacted Just For Jeeps and they told me to loosen two nuts on front of the hood latch and raise it up all the way then tighten back down. Hey, it's installed now;) Don't know why I didn't think of that:rolleyes:

·
Registered
240 Posts
My hood is very hard to latch with the deflector on. i think I will try loosening those nuts and see if it makes it easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts