Jeep Commander Forum banner

Front Bumper Aftermarket Center Piece?

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Gbarber 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, I am thinking of adding a bit of additional functionality to the front of the Commander, but don't think I want to do a steel bumper. I saw a picture of this center piece (not the bull bar, I'm asking about the bumper section below it--picture attached), but I've never been able to find out who made it or even what it is called. Does anyone have any insight and who makes it or where I could get one? Or has anyone ever fabricated one? Thanks much.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have on on the front of my Commander - They're pretty thin, and attached only to the bumper cover. Not much for usefulness, other than to protect the grille or attach a couple of lights to it. Mine has definitely seen better days, but the bumper underneath is in worse shape yet!
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Tire Grille

#8 ·
Different bumper question. Mine is a 2007 sport and my front bumper has solid pieces where your fog lights are. I haven't researched yet, but are those fog lights integral in the bumper or are they removable from those cutouts? I'd like to add some to mine.

#16 ·
I cant speak on this subject as mine came with fogs already. To dive a bit further into the fog light theme, they do offer better visibility. Limited but better nonetheless.

I had another vehicle in the pst that did not come with fogs. Being a DIY guy I bought the entire kit with oem switches, relays, lights, etc. Anyhow it never got yo work at 100% capacity as I saw it too much trouble to properly install it so it was rigged together.

My point is that maybe IMO installing a fog kit in your commander might not be worth it for what you get. I love my fogs but if I were in the market looking for a set of 2nd headlights per say, Id go another route like adding an led bar instead.

To further add, I took the liberty of putting yellow leds. These really do make a difference in inclement weather and overall night driving.

#11 ·
Thank you both, I'll look into it. I bought it just over a month ago to take to CO for my mountain jeep. I've put the lift and tires on, new brakes, changed fluids, and then it threw a few misfire codes, so I had to dig into those and hopefully have fixed with new plugs and coil packs (I doubt there's anything that can happen to a Commander that doesn't have a post about it on here.) So the cool stuff like the lights have had to take a back seat.

#12 ·
@GregT would a bull bar meet your want? not as "tidy" but similar protection

#13 ·
Thanks for the link--I'm thinking about that idea. But I'm also thinking of fabricating something similar to the OEM Mopar unit, but in much thicker aluminum (so it's stronger and perhaps a similar weight to the steel version). But, as you've mentioned, there are other things to do first before I get mine on the road. And every time I want to work on it, it rains :/ (no space in the garage).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.