Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would share this build I did back a couple months ago. I looked at all the front bumper designs I could find on the internet and decided on what I would want the finished product to look like and went with it. It’s obvious which design I copied but as they say, imitation is the finest form of flattery.

I started by removing all the grill components.

First I went and bought a winch, took all the measurements I needed and went to work. Purchased a Badland 12k from Harbor Freight.
The winch carrier was the most time consuming part of the project, it’s was built using 1/4” plate backed up by 1 1/2”x 1/4 square tubing supports across the middle under the winch and down each side of the frame mounts, secured by 8-1/2” grade 8 bolts and nylon lock nuts.

Next was the skin of the bumper, this part was easy, cut, mirror image cut, tack and on to next piece. The skin is 3/16” sheet.

And here is the finished product after paint and mounting the skin for the 100th and final time. This was a fun project.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was minimal as far as sag, I didn’t put a tape measure on it or anything. I installed an OME HD lift right after that so we are much higher off the ground now and the weight hasn't been noticed when on road or off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts