Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QD-II
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to track down a B2205/2206 code in my 06 Hemi Limited. It seems to point to the Front Control Module (part of the Body Control Module?). I decided to check the fuses for the FCM and they all look good for that--any other advice on what it could be? Also, when i looked at the Power Distribution Center, I noticed what appears to be several fuses and/or replays missing (such as the two relays for the radiator fan). Can anyone look at the pic and tell me if it looks normal--not sure if the last owner pulled a few things before I got it.
Gas Electrical wiring Machine Audio equipment Electronic device

Thanks much :)

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Hi all,

I am trying to track down a B2205/2206 code in my 06 Hemi Limited. It seems to point to the Front Control Module (part of the Body Control Module?). I decided to check the fuses for the FCM and they all look good for that--any other advice on what it could be? Also, when i looked at the Power Distribution Center, I noticed what appears to be several fuses and/or replays missing (such as the two relays for the radiator fan). Can anyone look at the pic and tell me if it looks normal--not sure if the last owner pulled a few things before I got it. View attachment 44365

Thanks much :)
The 5.7L cooling fan is Hydraulic operated, from the same system that runs the power steering. So the fan relays and fuse would not be present.
The 4.7L uses the electric fan, and in my case, also a mechanical fan on the engine which is part of the tow package.
B2206 is a VIN mismatch between the PCM and the Front Control Module.
Can you read the VIN in the PCM and is it correct?
According to the manual, if the PCM VIN is okay, check wiring connectors for damage and shorts. If the wiring checks out okay, replace and program the FCM.

·
Registered
2006 Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QD-II
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the guidance. Yes, the VIN in the PCM appears to be correct. I recently read that the FCM is under the battery in a Grand Cherokee--is it the same in my Commander? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2006 4.7L
75 Posts
Thanks for the guidance. Yes, the VIN in the PCM appears to be correct. I recently read that the FCM is under the battery in a Grand Cherokee--is it the same in my Commander? Thanks again.
My module layout diagram shows under the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts