Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have some fun things going on with my instrument panel and accessories(radio, wipers and others) I have not done any modifications or alterations to electrical system all factory. the steeler sorry dealer tells me the front control module needs to be replaced. Okay I am good with that it only has 57000 miles on it but okay. I have one coming But the dealer tells me it will need to be programmed for the vehicle to the tune of $136. Is this true or is it a plug and play. Just need to ask things sometimes.

Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
50 looks and one one can tell me if this is a plug and play or if I have to have it programmed?

·
Registered
218 Posts
take a look at this post for another forum:

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/headlight-turn-signal-auto-headlight-problem-4221762/

The poster had a front module problem like yours. He seems to have replaced it himself.

Could be dependent on the year? Dealer swore I would need new fobs and programming when I had the key switch recall on my 06. Nope. Seems that happens on '07 and up.
Seems the vehicles got new gadgets, like the electronic shifter in the console.
I will not consider a Commander past '06 because of this.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would call around on this. In 8 years since your vehicle has been built, a shop has probably got the equipment to program your vehicle at a better price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts