Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there is a drain plug in the front differential housing, but for the life of me I cannot find it with the skid plate (belly pan) on. I have the aftermarket pan that comes with the Superlift. I thought I read somewhere that you could get to the drain without removing the pan. Reason being, a couple of the flush mount hex screws that hold the pan on are slightly rounded out and I don't want to make them worse by trying to remove. Can I get to the plug and remove it to drain the lube with the pan on?

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Use a twelve point socket. It reduces the possibility of rounding them over.
No can do, these are recessed Allen, countersink head to mount Superlift belly pan, look like 1/4" if that. Dummy who last removed them did a number on them. I need to know if I can drain front diff without removing pan. I know I could just look :) but I was curious if anyone had done this and am not sure where on the diff the drain is located.

·
Registered
484 Posts
The drain plug is going to be located on the passenger side of the diff, towards the bottom. It requires a 14mm allen wrench to remove.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
The drain plug is going to be located on the passenger side of the diff, towards the bottom. It requires a 14mm allen wrench to remove.
Pretty sure you can use a 1/2 inch ratchet or breaker bar without a socket instead of the 14mm allen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts