old part # 52105728AD

Dealership price new(AE)= $350

On LIne New (AE)=$240

New (AD)=$150

Question is there a big difference with new?:bangin:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Whats wrong with the old one? There is not much to a drive shaft except a couple of U-joints and slip joint(not on our IFS rigs of course). Easy to rebuild and most larger cities will have a good drive-line shop that can laser balance the shaft for you.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Was the AD price the same before the AE came out?

Supply vs Demand, if they still have left over parts that were superceded by a new part, the left overs aren't going to sell, so they drop the price on the left overs.

It "seems" chrysler has been uping prices on parts lately, a lot. BUT I'm NOT sure, that is only my personal observation that could be skewed. Because I have been buying parts for my 'old' Chryslers I own, that I keep much longer than most people. For example, the price of clutch cable nearly doubled from 2005 to 2011, but keep in mind, it was for a vehicle that had been out of production for 12 years by 2011, so keeping old parts less and less demanded in the inventory factors into uping the price to make up for that overhead.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It seems they have problem with boot ripping....so i didnt know wether to get older part# or newer one..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts