Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still chasing howling noise that occurs at just about any speed and under acceleration or coasting.....have 4" superlift, how does this angle look?

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still chasing howling noise that occurs at just about any speed and under acceleration or coasting.....have 4" superlift, how does this angle look?
That's more severe than I'd guess that CV joint is really designed for, but there are a lot of people running the SuperLift so that angle is on every SuperLift out there. Are some running actual U-joint vs CV joint? I've seen various opinions about Cardan u-joints but I wonder if that would be an option...?

Since that joint is right under your seat if it's making any noise at all you'll hear it and/or feel it. Is there a chance the boot is ripped and grease has been thrown out of it?

Bob

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's more severe than I'd guess that CV joint is really designed for, but there are a lot of people running the SuperLift so that angle is on every SuperLift out there. Are some running actual U-joint vs CV joint? I've seen various opinions about Cardan u-joints but I wonder if that would be an option...?

Since that joint is right under your seat if it's making any noise at all you'll hear it and/or feel it. Is there a chance the boot is ripped and grease has been thrown out of it?

Bob
Boot appears OK. I'm considering a Tom Woods replacement with double Cardan but the link on their website is not working...hope they still make it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Boot appears OK. I'm considering a Tom Woods replacement with double Cardan but the link on their website is not working...hope they still make it.
I know a few guys who run them on their KJ's - though few if any people do a cradle lift like the SuperLift. I think this is what you're looking for:

Tom Woods Custom DriveShafts

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts