Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My 2009 Commander (3.7liter) just started giving a pretty aggressive vibration while driving. I assumed it was related to my rear parking brake job, so I redid the shoes and it went away for a day, but it's back.

I have the CV/CV or Rezeppa to Rezeppa driveshaft/propshaft up front and yes the rear CV boot is chewed up and open, but I have never had issue with it vibrating. The shaft itself seems to be solid and doesnt move at all when Im under there, but the boot leads me to believe it's probably toast.

Now, I thought about pulling it off, rebuilding the CV joint and hoping for the best, but I just can't help but wonder if there is another bolt on replacement with ujoints. I swapped my old WJ to a double-cardon setup, and hoping that I could do the same for this one.

As I said, I have a 2009 Xk with a 52853432AA drive shaft, would a driveshaft from a 2006 WK (52105728AE) be an option as a bolt on? Or, does this require changing the yoke at the transfer case?

I'm really at a loss if this is even the issue, I'm likely going to spend $100 on an ebay driveshaft just to see if that solves my vibration problems.

For example, this is what I have and would likely get as a direct replacement... Part # 52853432AA 07-10 Jeep Commander front Driveshaft Mine has the "yellow tag".

However, there are the part # 52105758AE "green tag" 05-10 Jeep Cherokee front driveshaft seem like it could be a bolt on swap.

They're both for a quadra-trac 1 full-time 4wd system (NV140), so I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use one or if I need a different yoke? Thoughts? Help?

·
Administrator
15,503 Posts
Now, I thought about pulling it off, rebuilding the CV joint and hoping for the best, but I just can't help but wonder if there is another bolt on replacement with ujoints. I swapped my old WJ to a double-cardon setup, and hoping that I could do the same for this one.
Tom Woods makes a double cardan drive shaft for the Commander--->Tom Woods

1 - 2 of 2 Posts