Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My phone won't upload the pics at the moment, but thanks to one of Michigans fine-four-legged-furries I now need a new bumper cover and passenger headlight!

The damage was actually pretty minimal, it ripped the fender flare off by breaking all the plastic rivits, but it's still intact. Headlight was pretty well destroyed. Repair shop est. was $1389.70, but my insurance is cutting me a check as I'll do the repairs and paint myself.

I did put a call in to a Chrysler engineering friend of mine to see if he can locate the elusive XH headlights for me (or the HID's for the 09'). Also going to look at an ARB bumper for a LandCruiser to see if I can mod it to fit the XK. Worse comes to worse, it'll be back stock and I'll have a little extra cash in the pocket to finish my super-bull bar.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
It might be a good time to check out GetLost4x4's front bumper. Several forum members have them. If I get hit by a deer, that's what I would do with the insurance money.

Also, I think there are some plastic front bumper fascia's available used from forum members.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I agree with GP, look into a GL4x4 bumper and never worry about dear again they will explode if you hit one with a GL4x4 bumper! LOL I had one run into my door and bend the corner a couple months ago but it was not that bad.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This would be an optimal time for one of GetLost's awesome bumpers, but the insurance pay out isn't quite enough and I don't have the extra cash for un-planned mods. I'm going to look at the ARB bumper tomorrow and see if I can retrofit it (guy only wants $200 for it).

All said and done, it's only about $350 in parts and the insurance company's cutting me a check for $889 ($500 deductable). Either way, I'll make out ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts