·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
That appears to be quite a good deal. Did you consider getting the stinger? Also how was the communication and turnaround time?

·
Registered
128 Posts
that is nice looking. just checked out the website, it's another $100 ($750 total) if you add that stinger. can't figure out how i feel about that thing, a little too tall and pointy. It looks like you can get it shaped differently, like a lower bull-bar style.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry not yet, bumper and fuel tank are still in my garage for now, I have been to busy and the weather is crappy. I promise to update as soon as I can.
Feel like it's a stretch now, but bumping this for any updates or installed pics?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Glad i saw this. Best value ive seen so far. Looking forward to seeing the install.

Agreed! that's why I keep coming back to check here, haha. I just don't want to pull the trigger on it myself yet....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here is some pics of the Jeepsteel mounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Big Blue -

I would have to say that it is a good value, but I think the WAM is a better quality bumper overall.

It appears Jeepsteel is new to building for the Commander, and has been getting over some learning curves. I was one of the first to order from him and his first customer to fit the larger of the winches on the market.

I had some trouble fitting the WARN Zeon 12-S (a larger size winch) inside the hole in the bumper and I had to trim the hole larger; he has since changed his blueprint to accommodate this issue. The other problem I had was after testing the recovery points, the shackle plates bent from being pulled out of the snow/pulling others out; again, the manufacturer was responsive and sent out new shackle plates that are double the thickness as the original.

The only other (minor, nevertheless existing) gripes I have is the paint appeared to still be wet when it was wrapped up for shipping so there was some funny looking paint I had to touch up, and second, the pallet for shipping was smaller than the width of the bumper and the corners were packed w nothing but bubble wrap, and consequently the corners took a beating on the freight truck. The manufacturer did not offer to make any concessions, which was IMO unfortunate.

With that being said, I still think the Jeepsteel bumper is the best value out there for our rigs, but WAM appears to be better quality overall but is about 1.5-2 times the price (based on comments and further research/correspondence with owners of both brands).

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts