Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks good DasJeep. How did you go about mounting them to the grille? Maybee could you post some pics of the mounting points or from the inside of the engine bay. Any other details of the install would be greatly appreciated thanks and once again looks good

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a light bar I fabbed and welded to the 2 radiator supports that go from the upper radiator support to the front bumper. I still have to paint it. I may manufacture a few if the demand arises. The manufactured product will be bolt on. if you look close you can see the silver bar behind the grille, these are on very solid and will not shake as they would if mounted to the grille or bumper directly.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Its a light bar I fabbed and welded to the 2 radiator supports that go from the upper radiator support to the front bumper. I still have to paint it. I may manufacture a few if the demand arises. The manufactured product will be bolt on. if you look close you can see the silver bar behind the grille, these are on very solid and will not shake as they would if mounted to the grille or bumper directly.
Put me down for one. They look really good. Cheers.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks great! I had the same dilemma- with or without, I decided I liked them better without the grills.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Options might also include powdercoat, painted, or unfinished
Will wiring instructions come with as well? I'm a complete novice when it comes to electricity.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
This would be only for the bar, not the lights. The lights will most likely have their own instructions.
Gotcha; I'm looking at a pair of Hella Rallye lights already.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would 100 plus shipping be an agreeable price for this? It would include stainless hardware and instructions

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have to be honest, I like it alot (I vote for the wire and/or plastic covers... looks tough). However, I think $100 plus shipping is a little steep for the mounts alone. If it came with lights and wiring, then that's a good deal but $100 would be out of my price range. If you could set these up as quick removals that would be really awesome... (So while I'm riding around town I don't have to worry about someone snatching them and I could throw them on while on the trail when they're needed).

Either way very cool, they look great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem with a quick release is vibration and your light pattern would be shaky unless a very strong mount were made and that would keep cost up. the reason for the $100 price tag is because these light bars would be powdercoated, and it is not siply 2 light taps there is a bar behind the grille and makes this mount very solid.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts