Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here's what I'm thinking. I'm going to go to 33's whenever my superlift comes in.and j.fear the commander will lose morebottom end than my my heavy foot will be happy with. Does anyone have any experience with the front diff of the commander. I do know its a 200mm rear. Toyota also has a 200 Mm rear (AKA 8"). are these gears not compatible? Probably not, I know the Toyota is a 10 bolt ring gear mount. The pinion?? Not to sure about it. Someone needs to make gear set for these things.
Sam

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you have a 4.7 or 5.7 V8, there are no front gears available for your XK. Your rear is a 8.25" Chrysler with 29 splines. The front is a 7.9mm and there are no aftermarket gears made for this differential.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
absolutely nothing???

That is horrible. Is this rear used in anything else? I thought it was a 200mm rear. Your saying the rear is a 7.9?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I had brain fart!!!! 7.9= 200mm. I guess the 3.73 is the largest gear you can physically get in the housing? I am just trying to understand why there wouldnt be a larger R and P for this rear. I mean its a jeep you know there are gonna be a percentage of people who are going to put larger tires on their vehicle.

And yes still waiting on my SL lift......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts