1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have not seen it on the forum before, it looks good but if you do any off roading you will be reducing your approach angle.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
hum well if it mounts were I think is prob same place as the 4x one...
That is true, but the 4x unit follows the curve of the bumper and gets up as quickly as that design will allow. The unit you are looking at continues forwards several more inches and never pulls up.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Let us know if you get it how it looks and how it works out I had just read about this receiver on Friday and was also wondering if it would be good to have.

·
2,248 Posts
I have been watching this thread and wonder if I am the only one who thinks that this might be mislabeled as a front hitch. It looks to me like an aftermarket rear hitch. Some people refer to the receiver as the front part of a two part hitch. The square insert with a ball being the rear part.
I could certainly be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ill tell you this, looking at the mounting points it is nowhere near as strong as the 4xg. I would not buy this product with the intention of using it as a winching or recovery point

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have one of those. I had it installed in July. Cost around $225 installed. It seems to be pretty solid unit. I had wanted a front reciever for a while and when I needed a front reciever to mount supports to pick up a 25.5 foot sailboat mast and transport it 1200 miles, I got that one. My Commander was an interesting sight going down the highway.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts