Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was going to replace the broken drivers seat door side trim, replacement part in hand. But wait, what, I don't have a female torx set to remove the seat belt anchor bolt. To keep from buying a full set and hoping the correct size is in there, Does any one know what size that bolt head is? Looks like the attached image.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I have a set of those sockets, but you are not very close:( Try all your SAE and Metric sockets you might find one that gets a good bite - just try without excessive force you might get it loose. I here some auto parts stores lend out tools like that - try them. If that bolt was exposed I could find the right size in my set, is it easy to get to?
Buy a set on amazon - only about $10 to $15
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=female+torx+socket&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of those sockets, but you are not very close:( Try all your SAE and Metric sockets you might find one that gets a good bite - just try without excessive force you might get it loose. I here some auto parts stores lend out tools like that - try them. If that bolt was exposed I could find the right size in my set, is it easy to get to?
Buy a set on amazon - only about $10 to $15
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=female+torx+socket&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
Ya, I'll probably order a set, I'm sure I'll run across other blots like that in the future. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do we know what size this is for sure. My seat belt reminder is dinging constantly unless i wiggle the buckle into just the right spot. Ive got a couple newer donors to swap in, but just doin some research on the job.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do we know what size this is for sure. My seat belt reminder is dinging constantly unless i wiggle the buckle into just the right spot. Ive got a couple newer donors to swap in, but just doin some research on the job.
The odd ball bolt I was asking about is on the door side of the seat. I believe what you need to work on is the inboard side of the seat.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Sorry I was trying to help Stircrayzy with the lower belt section and not the OP

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I was trying to help Stircrayzy with the lower belt section and not the OP
@rblapham you are spot on and gave a very good walk through, no reason for apologizing. I just wanted to clarify that the star socket is not what Stircrayzy needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts