Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a youtube video on removing the front seat bottom cushion. Its for a Cherokee, but we all know they are the same.
The parts are the same left and right. So this guy swapped out his driver side which had a worn out bolster.

I did not see any wires for the passenger side airbag sensors in it. Anybody else see them?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scanners for seat calibration

I am considering just going with a scanner. I have spotted 2 on Amazon.
Autel ML 629 and a Foxwell NT630 Elite.
Has anyone used one?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The passenger seat weight sensors are calibrated. This is part of the system to turn off the airbag for lighter passengers like kids. If it goes out of whack, the "airbag off" light comes on full time. Some scanners will perform the calibration and turn off the light. If the system had a failure, the scanner can indicate which one. Beats going to a garage or dealer.

I tried the diy fixes, reset all the connections, and I still get the light.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
The passenger seat weight sensors are calibrated. This is part of the system to turn off the airbag for lighter passengers like kids. If it goes out of whack, the "airbag off" light comes on full time. Some scanners will perform the calibration and turn off the light. If the system had a failure, the scanner can indicate which one. Beats going to a garage or dealer.

I tried the diy fixes, reset all the connections, and I still get the light.
I was not aware of that, that's good info @johnc; Thanks for sharing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts