Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install some front shackles (not tow hooks) on my 06 XK. I have had a hard time locating a source. Seems like every time I find a reference to a source, it turns up in a dead end. However, I did find shackle mounts at thesteelarmadello.com that appear to be what I am looking for. Does anyone have any experience with these shackles? Appears the require front bumper removal and trimming of front bumper. I am OK with that. Any issues with quality or installation?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm running the Steel Armadillo shackle mounts. I did have to remove the front bumper to install them, but installation was easy. They include some straightforward instructions if you need them.

As far as quality goes, they're excellent. Mine are still in excellent condition and have no problems handling the weight of the Jeep when I'm using them.

I also didn't have to trim my front bumper at all to make them fit. The shackles do make contact when they're being used, but apart from that the entire system hangs out of the way of the bumper.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You can get shackles at tractor supply or similar very cheap and make your own mounts as well. Check out the front and rear tow hooks in my sig, they are shackles.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running the Steel Armadillo shackle mounts. I did have to remove the front bumper to install them, but installation was easy. They include some straightforward instructions if you need them.

As far as quality goes, they're excellent. Mine are still in excellent condition and have no problems handling the weight of the Jeep when I'm using them.

I also didn't have to trim my front bumper at all to make them fit. The shackles do make contact when they're being used, but apart from that the entire system hangs out of the way of the bumper.
Thanks. That is what I suspected but its good to hear from someone with first hand experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts