Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Here in the UK anything that looks like it might hurt a stupid pedistrian is now banned and this includes grille guards and matrix guard. I want to mount some spotlights to my Jeep so am now stuck as to how I can mount them as it seems there are no kits available in the form of light bars or otherwise. Did a search on the forum but didn't find much so would appreciate if anyone can tell me if I can get a 'non threatening' looking light bar or how else I might mount lights as this really sucks!

Cheers

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Mopar makes a set (either 2 or 4) of lights that mount on the factory cross bar. You can find them at jeep.com, under "for owners". :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did wonder whether to look at mounting lights on my rack but wiring will be a pain. Just need some form of bar that can mount to the frame as am guessing the plastic bumper is not strong enough to support lights.

May need to fabricate something then as it looks like no one does a light bar for an XK.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
There are pictures on the forum of lights mounted on the front bumper. Also, cico7 fabricated some brackets to mount his lights behind the grill. The wiring for the Mopar light kit that mounts to the crossbar routes through the drivers side roof rail. You pop the plastic end cap off and drill a hole. The wiring then runs above the drivers door and down the left side of the windshield. I have looked at the PDF installation instructions, and it seems fairly easy. If you want to view it, go to jeep.com, under "for owners", commander accessories. Under lights, find the wiring kit, and you can view the PDF.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I understand you do not want to put lights on the roof. Neither do I because I put other stuff up there like my kayak.

Go behind the grill or on top of the bumper. There is one product I havent seen specifically on a Commander but may be helpful. LightForce universal lightbar light mount that is just a simple bar that mounts behind license plate (no drilling) to hold two or more lights.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Adondo had a light set up mounted on his front bumper. Maybe we can find
that post.....
Roof Light Install
This is a PDF file that is very helpfull.

Adondo's Front Lights
Not exactly what I thought, but even better.

This is part of Adondo's Garage thread HID Front Lights
There is another thread of his showing how he installed it. But I believe he
took off the front bumper cover, added these L brackets and cut 2 small
piece out of the bumper cover (aka facia).

CAD for HID lights by Adondo
CAD by Adondo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts