Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals),

I have a 2010 Jeep Commander Ltd with the V8 HEMI. It has a 2" MOPAR dealer installed lift. Just picked it up a few months ago with just under 50k on it -- it was VERY well taken care of. However, I noticed that when I drive over speed bumps, I get a "popping" sound out of the right front strut?

Took it in to Jeep, they inspected it and said the struts aren't leaking but, that doesn't mean they aren't having an "internal problem." They suggested replacing both sides with OEM parts for around $300.

QUESTION: Does this make sense?
Do you think I should use OEM parts again or go with something else?
If I went with something else, wouldn't that effect my ride if I only did the front?

What do you recommend, I'm kinda lost?
p.s. i DO notice my Jeep gets a little "floaty/swayie) on curves. I wouldn't want to take one fast, that is.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
order a set of sway bar bushings, cheap and easy. 90% of the front end knocking are worn bushings. you can't feel the play but its there. The SB links are something to consider also. not expensive and an easy replacement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know the part number. That's what they (the dealership) told me when I bought it. I'll ask the service department and see what kind of answer I get and get back to you.

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts