Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new here..just got a used 2007 4.7L Commander with about 39K on it. I've had some issues with the front driver's side suspension making loud noises (esp when cold) when going over speed bumps, stopping, and hitting small bumps in the road. I still have the truck on a 100% paid 30 day warreny(carmax). When I take it in, which I will, what do you think I should tell the service center?

I've searched this forum about this topic before, and got a lot of info about bushings but they were all old posts, with the newest post in 2008. So if anyone ever really figured out the problem, I'm all ears.

I also wanted to know if any replacement/after market parts have been created since then for the problem.

I know that's asking a lot, but if someone were to take mercy on me and help me out, I'm sure you will be benefited in the next life.....or may be not.

Either way thanks for all the great info on this forum!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
More than likely it's the anti-sway bar bushings, I've had these replace twice already. Good Luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes, describe the problem to them and they should have no prob fixing it, especially if under Cmax warranty. Could be bushings but who knows. I would recommend you do not tell them you think its bushings, just let them check everything. Better to mention it now, than have to pay yourself later.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I replaced the bushings last night, and on the test drive only, problem solved...I have the "bead" type bushings and noticed that the newer ones did have a new design; the "cut" to place the bushing over the sway bar was on the back side of the sway bar on the set I took off and is on the front of the new set I put in - don't know why or how long this fix will last, but the best 30 minutes and $20 I've spent so far on the Jeep. Good luck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had a similar problem around 5K ago, and got the bushings replaced. It definitely helped, but now I am getting a new noise from the front right portion of the Jeep. I highly doubt it is bushing related again, but who knows. Its really loud when I gradually slow down approaching a stop light/sign. Any suggestions? Hopefully its coil related so I can have a legitimate excuse to get the OME springs lol.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I replaced the bushings last night, and on the test drive only, problem solved...I have the "bead" type bushings and noticed that the newer ones did have a new design; the "cut" to place the bushing over the sway bar was on the back side of the sway bar on the set I took off and is on the front of the new set I put in - don't know why or how long this fix will last, but the best 30 minutes and $20 I've spent so far on the Jeep. Good luck.
The bushings you replaced were the ones on the actual sway bar itself correct? Or were they the endlink bushings?

·
Registered
92 Posts
BJAMROW, where did you get your bushings? OEM or aftermarket? I am thinking of changing mine.

Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
It is more than likely the sway bar bushings. I changed mine about 2,000 miles ago. Unfortunately I am getting a similar noise again but I think its grime/dirt because the undercarriage is down right filthy right now from off roading.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.